Friday, September 4, 2009

Article Direct Marketing - Improve Website Traffic With Keywords

Direct article marketing has changed. When you first started your article marketing maybe you were like me, and didn't know much about website optimization and promotion to increase web page traffic and key words for articles marketing. Article marketing rules change, so it's a lot of research to stay on top of which key words are best for each article. Since you don't want to make some of the mistakes I made early on, use my experience to update your article marketing now.

In the Beginning

Nine years ago, I learned about article marketing. I wrote business books and wanted to market them a natural way. I learned from a techie mentor how to submit them. And, my titles were good so they got my website in the first page of Google rankings. With "bookcoaching" I'm still number one. I submitted 20 articles to many sites, and within one month, was listed on 900 websites. As my articles grew to over 240, I was listed on 120,000 sites and more each two weeks. article marketing is viral marketing at its best.

Being Consistent Makes a Difference.

As long as I pumped good how to, educational articles out there, my Google status was great. When I took a year sabbatical from article marketing, my placement dropped accordingly. And today, I'm back at it full steam ahead. But since new rules and Web 2. 0 changes, Today, I'm editing most of my articles and all of my article writing and submitting books to help my clients get more webpage traffic.

Key Words for Article Optimization

I started using Google Trends and put at least 10 keywords into those first article submitted to HubPages. I turned into a key word junkie!. I wove those key words into the copy with ease. Talk about overkill and clouded judgment. I didn't realize my errors until my webmaster corrected me. We went back to optimize all the earlier titles so Google would love them.

Better Article Key Word Research

Then, using the free Google Keyword Tool. I learned how to comb through a general key word phrase, turn those into the long tailed low-competition specific key words people Google. We incorporate them into article titles and first lines of the article. With this method, you only use 3 keyword phrases in the whole article, after you do your key word research Now, my articles earn me a seat at the Big Boy's table--my website URL went to top positions in Google page ranking.

We tested the main key word phrases at Google Tools to see which phrase would get us the most action. We checked the monthly searches for each key word phrase and noticed higher is better such as 300+ and with # results on the web through putting the phrase in quotes and Googling it, that lower is better such as -3000. Thus, the higher ratio is better such as over .100+. The ratio is best at over .1.

Today, the Goal is Balance Between the Best Long tailed Keywords and the Title that Will Attract Readers.

If you please your readers and your article directory publishers with quality, useful articles, you'll do well. Remember to answer your readers' questions in your articles, even solve their challenges.

If you want to write quality, unique articles, produce the right resource box information, get the right amount of keywords, and know all the new changes in article marketing so your articles don't get rejected, attend a free teleclass on Jan 22 http://www.bookcoaching.com/article-marketing-seminar.php

For a report on article marketing mistakes go to http://www.bookcoaching.com/free-report-article-mistakes.php

Finishing And Installing W Heater

No comments:

Post a Comment